HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
These sites provide health care professionals with resources needed in daily practice.
The NM Health Resources site provides health care professionals recruitment and continuing educational opportunities (Provider Retreat) at their web site.
NM Department of Health’s Office of Primary Care and Rural Health provides resources to practicing health care professionals such as the state tax credits for practice in rural portions of the state and other programs administered by the Office, including the Rural Practitioner Tax Credit Program, the NM J-1 Visa Waiver Program, and the NM Health Corps Program.
The Faculty Loan Repayment Program is available for those clinicians returning to school to become faculty.
The University of New Mexico offers several resources for clinicians:
- The Center for Telehealth at the University of New Mexico provides information about clinical and consulting services available using teleconferencing.
- Health Sciences Library & Informatics Center
- NM Poison & Drug Information Center
These sites provide information about professional organizations in the state.
- NM Medical Society
- NM Dental Association
- NM Nurses Association
- NM Pharmacists Association
- NM Academy of Physician Assistants
- NM Nurse Practitioner Council
The New Mexico Primary Care Association provides information about New Mexico federally funded Community Health Centers funded by HRSA that serve the state’s neediest population.
RN to BSN Online offers a comprehensive directory of programs that will allow a registered nurse to pursue an online Bachelor's of Science in Nursing degree.