- This event has passed.
Oral Health Education
May 11, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
- Describe oral health disparities present among underserved communities.
- Describe the relationship between oral health and overall health and understand and correlate good oral health with good overall health.
- Identify and describe the most common diseases of the mouth (Dental Caries or Decay and Gum Disease).
- Describe the physical, emotional, and social impact of dental caries and gum disease on children and adults.
- Identify and describe oral disease risk factors and common factors with other chronic health conditions.
- Understand the importance of including oral health topics into the CHW’s scope of work.
- Identify and describe special oral health conditions associated with chronic diseases or special health conditions (pregnancy, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease, special needs individuals, medication use, and oral cancer).
Presenter: SONIA GARCIA LOPEZ, MS
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.